Friday, April 22, 2016

Dancing with Devas

Rays of Life among all leaf matter, dapple down the way.
How is it that I can move through life, and yet not see it shift, not see how it settles out, not be in line with how things go?
“Well,“ thought Claris, thinking to herself that she may as well take up an offering to the mandates that govern how the existences take shape.
“I think,“ she pondered…
“I know,” thoughts beleaguered…
“Who is it that…,” she followed up.
“Well?” she questioned.
“Claris Deva….”
“It’s Claris and I’m not Deva.”
Silence.
“If I am Claris Deva, who are you?”
“Claris Deva….”
“You are…”
“Deva, of the plant, to the right of Claris Deva.”
“Deva, of the plant, to the right of myself, is a pointsettia. Is that how you refer to it?”
“Deva of the pointsettia plant, of the realm Devic.”
“Now, if I didn’t know any better, I would say that this is what I have been meaning to discover. If I were to say that I have spoken to the Devic Realm, how would that hold water?”
“Devas don’t hold anything. We, our capacity is to hold the shape of something by merely setting roots, roots that don’t have a footprint. Roots that are boundless, sense-less, holding nothing and holding everything about an organic, living matter. If you talk to a plant, you are talking to the essence which makes it plant-like. Nothing in the Devic Realm is manmade. Everything in the Devic Realm is ‘of new’, ‘of reclaiming balance’, ‘of maintaining resilience’, but not in the face of destructive forces. Claris Deva, you are of the Devic Realm in that you see how things come and go and appease the Devic Realm with your tactics.”
“Devic Realm, what are my ‘tactics’?”
“Fortuition.”
“Claris, how about dinner?” says Fornay.
Under her breath, “I’ll be back with you later, Devic Realm. Bye now.”
“Claris, are you going to have dinner tonight? I’m starved. How about some fresh arugula from the garden? I’ll be back by in a moment. Pick some, alright? I have an idea for dinner. Surprise you.”
“Devic Realm,” whispers Claris, “alright to pick arugula?”
“Claris Deva, alright but not momentarily. Wait….”
“Claris, are you on board with arugula?” Fornay exaspers.
“Momentarily, Fornay. I’m listening for the go-ahead.”
Fornay listens. “How about now?”
Under her breath, “Devic Realm, alright to pick arugula?”
“Claris Deva, alright to pick arugula.”
“Fornay, alright to pick arugula!”

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment